Until 30 June 2017 ‘British Citizen’ passport holders travelling for tourism or business can enter Vietnam for up to a maximum of 15 days without a visa. If you have a different type of British nationality – for example ‘British national (overseas)’- you’ll need to get a visa before entering Vietnam.
You must get a visa before you travel to Vietnam if you want to stay for longer than 15 days and/or if you wish to re-enter Vietnam within 30 days of your departure. If you plan to leave Vietnam and re-enter from another country make sure you get a multiple visit visa before travelling. Make sure you know before you travel the type of visa you need for the purpose and duration of your trip. If you’re travelling for business reasons you should contact the relevant Vietnam government department in advance to check whether any licenses are required to carry out your duties.
Ying Wah Travel can provides the service of applying for a Vietnamese Visa, service fees are as below: (currency: GBP £)
|VIETNAM VISA FEES Normal service takes up to 3 weeks|
|Number of Entries||Single Entry||Multiple Entries|
|Duration for each Entry||30 Days||90 Days||30 Days||30 Days|
|TOURISM Visa Fee (GBP)||£100||£150||£180||£200|
|BUSINESS Visa Fee (GBP)||£135||£185||£195||£215|
[info]*If customers requires their official documents (i.e. passports, birth certificates, etc…) to be mailed back to their chosen address, you will need to provide an additional £8 to £10 per application.[/info]
Please provide the following materials for your Visa application:
Original passport with at least six months of remaining validity with at least two blank visa pages.
- Visa Application form and photo
Download and complete a Visa application form (Form.F) and attach one passport style photo to the form. Fill in all the details correctly and accurately. Inaccurate, illegible or missing information on the form may lead to the refusal of visa. (Download Form.F)
- Proof of legal status
For non-British passport holders, applicants must be able to provide an original and photocopy evidence of at least 6 months of permanent residence or work permit in the UK (except those who can work and live in the UK without a visa or permit).
- Photocopies for those who are first-time applicants for a Vietnam Visa
If you are a first-time applicant, please provide the following photocopies:
– Passport(s): please provide a copy of the applicant’s information page
- Photocopies for those who have obtained Vietnam Visas before
If you have obtained a Vietnam Visa before, you need to provide a photocopy of the following:
– Passport(s): please provide a copy of the applicant’s information page; if the latest visa is in an older passport, a copy of that passport’s information page is also required
– Vietnam Visa(s): please provide a copy of the most recently obtained Vietnam Visa. For those who applied for multi-entry, please provide the photocopy of the most recently obtained multi-entry Vietnam visa (if possible).
- Applying for a business visa
For those applying for a business visa, please provide the following documents in addition to those mentioned above:
– An invitation letter from the inviter/inviting party which includes:
– Applicant’s full name, gender, date of birth, passport number and relationship to the inviter
– Details of the planned arrival (dates and accommodation arrangements)
– Inviter’s information (full name, contact telephone number, address of the inviter, signature of the inviter), official stamp of the organisation inviting
- Under 18s applying for a Vietnam Visa
For those who are under the age of 18 and wish to apply for a Vietnam Visa, please provide the following documents:
– Original copy and a photocopy of the applicant’s birth certificate (needs to indicate the names of both parents)
– Original and photocopy of both parents’ passport information page
– The applicant’s old Vietnam passport (only applicable to those born in Vietnam)
- Please apply for your Vietnam Visa at the latest one and a half month before your proposed entry date to Vietnam, but no earlier than three months in advance. Failure to comply with these time frame may result in Visa not returning in time or having an expired Visa at the time of departure. Applicants bears all responsibility to abide by these times.
- Please fill out and sign the Visa Application Form as required (Under 18s will need parents’ signature to sign on their behalf). For inapplicable sections, please fill it in with N/A.
- If necessary, the consular officer may request applicants to provide extra documents or evidences or supplementary documents or an interview, and it is the applicant’s responsibility to provide and respond as soon as possible.
- The visa’s validity, duration of stay and number of entry(s) are to be decided by the consular officer in accordance with Vietnamese laws and regulations.
- Regardless of the outcome of the Visa application, if your Visa application is rejected, Ying Wah Travel bears no responsibility and visa fees and service charges will still apply and is non-refundable.
If you need more detail regarding the Vietnamese Visa, please contact the Embassy of Vietnam.
Embassy of Vietnam (Consular Section)
12-14 Victoria Road, London, W8 5RD
Tel: +44 (0)20 7937 1912 / +44 (0)20 7937 6108
Office hours: Monday-Friday 9:30 – 12:30 / 15:30 – 17:30 (closed weekends)